Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Karaoke!

(to left: Mom and I singing some hit by Tina Turner; below left: words cannot express the awesomeness displayed in this photo)





























(left: The whole fam getting a piece of the action; below left: a Texan, Kenyan, and Brit, singing "Sweet Home Alabama")






























(left: R-E-S-P-E-C-T; below left: finishing off the night with YMCA)
























That one word brings such incredible memories from this past monday night. As I posted in my lasy entry, I revealed to ya'll that I am in charge of Monday Night Fellowship (MNF) for the church. Last Monday we had badminton and bbq and this Monday karaoke. And man it was fun! There truly isn't alot to do in Finland, especially on Monday nights, so we try to have a little fun without the temptations of the world. It is quite cool to put something together where everyone seems to be enjoying themselves. Our goal has been to demonstrate Christ's love through fellowship. I beleive the Lord finds great joy in such acts. Anyways, last monday night we had around 25 people show, but this one grossed over 40! I know that number doesn't mean that much to my Dallasinians, but 40 people is huge here. Most churches don't even have that in attendance on Sundays, much less a Monday night thing. So, needless to say, I would deem this occasion a success and look forward to next Monday's dodgeball tournament (These Fins won't know what hit'em:).

By the way, I had a special treat this week. My parents were here! My dad came in for a business trip, and my mom decided to come along for the ride. See my parents lived here in Finland for a year and attended the church I am working with this summer. They were highly involved in the youth ministry ( which is a 15-30 yr. age range ministry) and cultivated many fruitful and lasting relationships. So not only me, but EVERYONE was excited to see them!

I have a prayer request for you guys. Tomorrow I leave for middle Finland where I will help lead a Finnish children's camp this weekend. So please pray that lives are changed by the Gospel, and that kids leave this camp having a greater love and enthusiasm for God's Word. Also pray that no one is hurt in the making of this camp. I return on Sunday to lead worship, so this weekend is going to be fruitful, but hectic. Thank you for your prayers and support and I vow to try and write a more posts than one a week...Talk to you soon!

No comments: