Friday, June 6, 2008

Hyva Syntymapaiva! (excluding the A's double dots:)

Today I turned 24 and could not have asked for a better day! Started off as nothing special:  bought a phone card, ate some meals, picked up some keys...the usual.  Then when Shaun and I went into a restaurant called "Texas" in downtown Helsinki for dinner I knew something was up.  Greeted by church members, we ate good ol' fashion Tex-mex, the best that Finland could offer:)  After dinner we gathered in a park t0 sing Happy-B Day. My cake was in the form of an ice cream cone with one flickering candle representing my beloved days.  Presents?  Yep, and all of them, except for a wooden block game, pertained to "how to speak finnish!"  I've been obsessed with learning the Finnish language since arrival and they all caught wind of that:) 

If you are wondering about the picture, that's me studying none other than Finnish.  I know my numbers from one to a million and I hope ya'll keep me on my toes, quizzing me every now and again!  Honestly, I have so much say, but it is late and I need to get up early to take care of finnish-speaking children for six hours tomorrow!  I hope my excitement can counter the language barrier:) hyva paiva!

2 comments:

Big Tree said...

Stew, We wish we could have been there for your birthday. We know God has some special plans for you. We love you and miss you.
Love, Dad
P.S. Mom says you look really good in the swing!

The Davis Daily said...

We also wish we could have spent your birthday with you! We love you so much and are soooo proud of you! Be careful and HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET BROTHER! LOVE, Karen